Application process - Spouse or Common-Law Parthner

There are 2 types of applications for Spouse and Common-Law Sponsorship Outland Spousal Sponsorship: your application will be processed through the visa office in the sponsored spouse's country of citizenship or where they legally reside (if outside Canada). If you and your Spouse/Common-law partner live together in Canada, you can still apply under this category. Applying under this category will make you eligible to Appeal a refusal. You will not have rights to appeal for an Inland Spousal Application. ​Inland Spousal Sponsorship (Spouse or Common-Law in-Canada category): your application will be processed in Canada and you and your sponsor MUST live together. The person being sponsored MUST have temporary status in Canada as a worker, student, or visitor. The person being sponsored may be eligible for an Open Work Permit.

Contract Signing
Step 1
Open Work Permit
Step 3
Permanent Resident Visa
Step 5
Step 2
Prepare Documents
Step 4
Medical Request
Step 6